So, this week we are talking about COOKBOOKS!  They're books, right?  Our co-host this week is the lovely miss Angie of Angie Eats Peace.  She's a super-sweet tree hugger, and I like her.  Go show some love.

I had the idea for this week's topic to do more than just list my favorites.  Honestly, I don't have many "favorites".  So, rather, I thought it would be fun to pick a new cookbook and try a recipe, then share it here.  When browsing the cookbook section of the library, this one jumped out immediately.  HOW COULD I NOT?  I mean, it's the book chat.

So, honestly, when I saw this book on the shelves a few months back, I laughed.  Because it's freakin funny, people.  Let me get that out of the way first.  The inside is hilarious.  The writer (Fowler, get it?) goes all the way with this parody (goes all the way...get it? (okay I'll stop)) .  No, really though.  It's creative and had me cracking up.  Before each recipe is a little narrative from the chicken.  I was dying. There were provocative pictures of the half-naked chef tying up the chicken...and stuffing the chicken.  Okay, I'm done.  Take it from me, it was clever and I appreciated it.

For this reason, I really didn't think it could be taken seriously as a cookbook.  I figured it was a gag gift.  But actually, I was pleasantly surprised.  These were some fancy-schmancy recipes.  And very creative.  I wanted to choose a fancy recipe with cherries and white wine and rosemary...but Jeremy saw the pic of a chicken covered in bacon...



So, I made this recipe instead.  Basically, a whole chicken rubbed down with paprika, stuffed with oranges (or tangerines!) and covered in bacon.  It was easy and delicious!  The boys gobbled it up (get it...sorry).  I would easily recommend this as a legit cookbook.  

Oh and for the record...this is the view from my kitchen window.  It was hard not to feel a little guilty.


Okay, now it's your turn.  Share a favorite cookbook or review a new one.  Anything on the topic is fine.  You're not BOUND to these ideas.  *chuckle*

Next week, in light of BEA taking place this week (have fun if you're going, I hate you) let's talk about BOOK BLOGGING.  Anything and everything on the topic.  Do you consider yourself a book blogger?  Do you write reviews, receive ARCs or have you met any good authors?  Has blogging changed how and what you read?  WHO are your favorite book bloggers?


To join in...
1. Please follow the host and co-host
2. Visit a few other book chat links and show some support.
3. Link back here in your post.  Or use the button provided.
4. Old posts are always welcome if you have blogged on the topic before.

Photobucket






Laters, baby.